One of the salads I fixed during the “Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal“ week of the ”Real Food Challenge” is this protein + vegetable salad or 香肠 (sèlā).
Lettuce leaves (生菜, shēngcài)
Cherry tomatoes (西红柿, xīhóngshì)
Cheese sausages (香肠, xiāngcháng)
Balsamic vinegar dressing (色拉调味料, sèlā tiáowèiliào!!!)
1. Tear up lettuce leaves into squares or strips.
2. Wash and half cherry tomatoes. You can also leave them whole.
3. Cut slits in the cheese sausages and grill them in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
3. Drizzle balsamic vinegar dressing all over the salad and dig in!
P/S I later realized that the cheese sausages aren’t exactly very healthy but what choice does a working girl have?
- Week 1: Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal
- Burger King or hàn bǎo wáng (汉堡 王) in China
- Real Food Challenge: No refined sweeteners – salad dressings
- Tomato, Lettuce and Cheese Sandwich
- Tomato is fān qié (番茄) or xī hóng shì (西红柿)