My daughter’s birthday is months away but I’ve been thinking about her birthday present.
Not really because we wonder what we could get her because she already has too many things:
- Clothes – She’s wearing most of her brother’s old clothes and she has quite a few hand-me-downs from my friend. Plus, my sister and I bought her some dresses too.
- Shoes- Currently, she has 3 pairs because one is a pair of Mary Janes from Chinese New Year but she will outgrow them soon.Actually, she 4 pairs of sandals but she lost one foot of two pairs (she has this bad habit of taking them off and tossing them into the stroller basket) I’d bought her a new pair when the first one went missing but then, we lost one foot the next day!
The next day, I bought her a new pair but I didn’t know that the back of the shoe was too high – the poor girl had her ankle rubbed raw and the ayi didn’t even notice it!!! Poor thing was limping and it was awful to see her bleeding…
Desperate, I bought the only pair I could find quickly – a pair of Hello Kitty sandals. Thought she’d like them but she didn’t, thank God, because Hello Kitty stuff are ridiculously expensive. She wanted her bear sandals – I’ve asked the ayi to REMEMBER to put on sock each time she wears the bear sandals.
- Books and toys- She’s got tons of toys, which are also mostly her brother’s. I added on some more girly ones in the hope of ‘taming’ her because she’s such a tomboy! Honestly, she loves playing with cars, trains and trucks…I don’t need to buy books because we’ve got quite a good library here.
Hmm…the only 2 items I can think of are food and kids bedding. She enjoys eating new food but I can’t find much over here so I think some PINK bedding would thrill her to bits
- Gwyneth Paltrow and her gladiator sandals
- Shopping for sandals…
- A price increase is (zhǎng jià 长价)
- Happy Birthday! (Zhù nǐ shēngrì kuàilè 祝你生日快乐)
- Long johns, sweaters, leggings, pants…