The Clean Eating Challenge
– Eat a minimum of two different fruits or vegetables (preferably organic) with every breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal.
My first salad! >_<
I’ve always hated tomatoes do I opted for cherry tomatoes lol The cheesy sausage was thrown in for some flavor
Week 2: “Real” beverages
– Beverages will be limited to water, Chinese tea, water, coffee and milk (only naturally sweetened with a little honey or 100% pure maple syrup).
One cup of juice will be allowed throughout the week, and wine (preferably red) will be allowed in moderation (an average of one drink per day).
Week 3: Meat – All meat consumed this week will be locally raised (within 100-miles of your hometown).
– Meat consumption will also be limited to 3 – 4 servings this week, and
– when it is eaten meat will not be presented as the “focal point” of the meal. Instead meat will be treated as a side item or simply used to help flavor a dish.
Week 4: No fast food or deep-fried foods
– No fast food or any foods that have been deep-fried in oil.
Deep-fried crullers 😛
Week 5: Try two new whole foods
– Try a minimum of two new whole foods that you’ve never had before.
Edamame (steamed soybeans)
My little girl enjoyed peeling the steamed beans from the soybean pods and nibbled on them >_<
– Do not eat any food products that are labeled as “low-fat,” “lite,” “light,” “reduced fat,” or “nonfat.”
Week 7: 100% Whole grain
– All grains consumed must be 100% whole-grain.
—>Making our 100% wholemeal wheat man tou…it was a real experiment LOL
Week 8: Stop eating when you feel full
– Listen to your internal cues and stop eating when you feel full.
Week 9: No refined sweeteners
– No refined or artificial sweeteners including (but not limited to): white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, sucanat, splenda, stevia, agave, corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, brown rice syrup, and cane juice. Foods and beverages can only be sweetened with a moderate amount of honey or maple syrup.
Week 10: No refined oils
– No refined or hydrogenated oils including (but not limited to): vegetable oil, organic vegetable oil, soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil, organic canola oil, margarine, and grape seed oil.
We made our own lard!!! My late grandmother would be so proud of me 🙂
Week 11: Eat local foods
– Eat at least 1 locally grown or raised food at each meal. This includes, but is not limited to: fruits, vegetables, eggs, grains, nuts, meats, and sweeteners like honey.
*FRESH* goat’s milk
A Moslem man would ride his goats up to the entrance of the apartment and sell fresh goat’s milk.
However, looking at the goat’s engorged udder, I did not repeat order. =(
Week 12: No sweeteners
– Avoid all added sweeteners including, but not limited to: white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, honey, maple syrup, date sugar, maple sugar, sucanat, splenda, stevia, agave, fruit juice concentrate, corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, brown rice syrup, and cane juice.
Week 13: Nothing artificial
– Avoid all artificial ingredients including, but not limited to:
– sweeteners, flavors and colors.
Week 14: No more than 5-indredients
– Avoid any and all packaged food products that contain more than five ingredients no matter what ingredients
Can we do it? We’re gonna try. Wanna join me on this clean eating challenge???