After the success of culturing our own kefir, I want to try yogurt next because I don’t really the yogurt available at the supermarkets here.
Initially, they had the usual fruit-flavoured yogurt but now they’ve come up with yogurt + kei chi and yogurt + red dates, which have become sweeter.
Fortunately, Hubby found ONE brand of natural yogurt (Miaoshi) that is sugar-free, which I could use as a starter.
UPDATED: I bought myself a Yogotherm Yogurt Maker- 2-QT (US$39.99), which is perfect because NO ELECTRICITY IS NEEDED.
I found the following links of folks who have successfully made their own yogurt. Here they are for reference:
- Make your own yogurt in China
- List of utensils and basic ingredients
- Make your own yogurt (with photos) – explains that natural, home-made yogurt is actually runny since no thickeners are added. Ahh…then the yogurt on sale in China is quite good as they are all the runny type you drink with a straw.
- Interesting discussion on natural, homemade yogurt on the New York Times.
- How to make goat milk yogurt
- Another how to make your own yogurt (with photos)
- A Perfect Gentleman (shēnshì 绅士)
- How to Make Frozen Yogurt (lěngdòng suānnǎi 冷冻酸奶)
- REVIEW: shu uemura Principe Lip Serum
- How to make kefir with fresh milk
- Gluten-free diet