Ever since I started working and collapsing on the bed at 9 pm almost every night, Hubby has been helping me to buy the groceries and vegetables.
I’m sure his Mum will be impressed (or not as she may be thinking, “My poor son is shopping for vegetables!? What is his wife doing???”).
Anyway, he’s only able to buy the following items:
- Spring onions
- Xiao bai cai
- French beans
- Chicken – I suspect that the chicken seller just gives him ANY old chicken
I’ve tried showing him my “guide to Chinese vegetables” but I’m afraid he can’t tell too many of the leafy green vegetables apart!
I’ve also showed him some of the types of fish he can buy but he’s worried that he’ll buy stale fish back instead, which would be bad news for our kids.
It’s ok because he’s already helping a lot buying such heavy groceries like the above. He’ll also go to the supermarket to pick up bread, fruits, any decent pastries he can.
Good Hubby, right?
- Chinese New Year in China (chūnjié 春节)
- Tomato, Lettuce and Cheese Sandwich
- Vegetables or 蔬菜 (shūcài)
- REVIEW: Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals
- Week 6 Real Food Challenge: No Low-fat, lite or reduced fat food