Many of my female students sport a trucker cap and over-sized glasses (fake ones with no glass) look, which one of my favourite singers, Avril Lavigne, is famous for:
Whenever I see them with this look, I’d ask,
“So…you like Avril Lavigne?”
And they blink.
Blink. Big stares.
Oh boy. These girls are just dressing up like Avril Lavigne without even knowing who she is! To them, it’s just fashion.
If you’re blur about this too, here are some of Avril’s best songs on MP3:
1. *The Latest* – “Goodbye Lullaby“ (sounds a bit Bjork-y to me but full of feeling in typical Avril style. Beautiful string section…)
2. “Sk8er Boi” – cute song about young lovers
4. “Complicated” – the first single that shot her to stardom – one of my favourite songs for cleaning up LOL
And I think they’d like it too that one of Avril believes in this:
“Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.”
- Music is in the air…
- 忘了你,忘了我 by 王杰 (Wang Le Ni, Wang Le Wo by Wáng Jié)
- Happy Birthday to You (祝你生日快乐)
- Gangnam Style! (江南 Style)
- Karaoke is kǎ lā (卡拉)!