We will be going home soon for Chinese New Year (Yahoooooooooo!!!) and one of the TOP items on my shopping list are sandals for summer.
Now, why am I thinking of sandals in the middle of winter?
1. My old sandals are tattered and torn
Remember these Sembonia slingbacks and Hush Puppies loafers I bought earlier this year? Gone.
2. I have given up on ever buying any sandals in my size in China because EACH and every shop I go to does not have my size.
Here’s a pretty peep-toe sandal that was just the right height, colour and texture:
3. The only shoes I can get in China are boots Since I currently own three pairs of boots, the Hubs says, “Stop!!! No more boots.”
4. The soles of my one and ONLY pair of Hush Puppies comfy wedges BOTH fell out one day when I was at work! O_O
I am not joking. Thank God I was on my way to the bus stop when it happened – first the right sole fell out and I was flip-flopping it awkwardly that I decided to rip it off.
I was hobbling on one high wedge and one flat wedge when the left sole decided to join the pavement. Good Lord!
Luckily, I carry a HUGE and HEAVY book bag so I could stuff the two thick soles into my bag. The bag bulged so I can imagine my students must be thinking that I must be carrying a watermelon in my bag -_-
ANYWAYS, I am seriously shopping for women’s sandals and ShoeMall has these 2 lovely pairs:
a) Madeline Women’s Presto Sandal (US$49.95)
Love the design. Love the colour. Love the height.
I can wear it to the market. I can wear it to work. I can wear it anywhere!
b) Fossil Women Maxine Sandal (on sale US$63+)
Looks very much like my old Hush Puppies wedges – only red and with a nice buckle
I may need to check out sandals for my tiny shopping buddy too.
She woke up, tottered out and is now sleeping beside her Mom blogger
- Beach sandals…
- Hush Puppies loafers not so “bouncy” after all?
- Vote for my boots!
- Long johns, sweaters, leggings, pants…
- Gwyneth Paltrow and her gladiator sandals